Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Spring?




So I know it's totally cliche to complain about the weather. So I'll keep my complaint short - enough snow already!



As most of you know, I'm somewhat of a gardening crazy. I planted vegetable seeds in flat packs in January - unfortunately they succumbed while I was on vacation due to lack of watering (ahem... Rich). Every year I have to fight the urge to go out and play in the mud as soon as the snow starts to melt. This year, I have successfully fought the urge and not planted any flowers yet. I did, however, have to go out and buy/plant trees (7 of them). I do not have a greenhouse so my house is covered in little flat packs of growing seeds - round 2. It is time for them to go outside. Maybe in May...

For any of you who are into gardening, I found a very cool website about growing vegetables, specific to Utah, from the USU extension office. Check it out: http://www.vegenag.com/vegetable-fact-sheets-for-utah/

Very helpful information! And hopefully it will help take my attention off the 2" of snow outside!


2 comments:

Kellie said...

Ok you suck. You have been growing them since January? I was thinking of planting some veggies this year, but good to know you have a head start... However, I have planted flowers outside so neener neener. :)

Shyla said...

You and Clay must be soul mates. As soon as we had our first nice weekend (in February) he ran off to Lowes and bought blueberry and raspberry bushes. Unfortunately it's been a very cool spring in Oklahoma and now we have dead raspberry and blueberry bushes.