Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"What the hell mom?!"

What the hell indeed! Issac has officially mastered...swearing. I'll own it, it's very much my fault. I grew up in Wyoming (strike 1) with my dad (strike 2). It's not swearing, it's 'conversation'. Well, at least until I heard it out of my 6 yr old, used in context. Sigh... we had to have the 'no swearing' talk. His rebuttal? 'You swear mom.' Yes I do. Damn. The kid is too smart for his own good. So instead of being the good mom who would say, yes son, I should stop swearing, I told him I was an adult and could swear and he could swear when he grew up but not until then. My reasons? I know very well that I cannot stop swearing. It's the weak way out, I know. We'll see if it works!

3 comments:

Missy said...

Kylee that is SO funny. I remember each swear word my girls repeated in context!
I'm glad to hear things are going well with you! Take care.
Missy

Amanda said...

Kylee...that's awesome! :) I seriously laughed out loud at that. I like your excuse, too. We're trying to start watching our vocabulary around here. But, I also grew up in Wyoming (strike one) and her daddy is in the military (strike two)...and I'm pretty sure I am not able to completely stop swearing either.

James +Tami + Max said...

Funny funny!! Dont' worry, my dad said the same thing to us when we were kids. It worked for us. It made us think we had some agency.
We went on a walk yesterday and Max saw Isac and blake go into your house through your garage, and Max was determined to join them. It was funny. If you ever see us close to the house its because Max has a plan and I am waiting to change it.