Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Good News!

Good news, it looks like Evan might actually survive to see his 4th birthday! It wasn't looking like he was going to make it there for a couple of days.

We're having some jealousy issues around our house with my Turkey. He has two modes - big stinker or incessant cryer, ever since Caleb was born. He's feeling a little displaced. I can understand that. It's hard to give up that 'youngest child' status. So between his two moods, we get some pretty interesting happenings. He cried the other day for **6** hours because I wouldn't drop everything and go buy him a Zhu Zhu Pet. Really? You want a dumb little rat-looking thing that turns in circles until the batteries run out? I did not give in. But I think I was punished more than he was. We are also dealing with monsters in his bed. They are in his bed so he says he has to sleep with me. Too bad sleep to Evan means hours of constant feet kicking. I just can't do it - he'll have to learn to snuggle with the monsters.


Then the other 'big happening'. In his big stinker mode, Evan decided to smear yogurt all over my car. My beautiful, black car. Now for those of you that weren't aware, yogurt will eat through the paint finish on your car. Now you know. Now I know. I tried EVERYTHING to get it off with no luck but thanks to the cool guys at Wolford's Auto Body, Evan will live to be at least 4. They were able to sand it out in all but a few places where the yogurt actually ate through the clear coat. In other related food/car incidents, Evan decided to help "clean" the tires on the trailer. When he couldn't find the tire foam, he settled for the non-stick cooking spray. One can of Pam later, we have shiny trailer tires and the dogs think Evan is tasty tire treat god.



All in all, Evan keeps us all laughing and while I could do without the mood extremes, I wouldn't trade him for the world. He's my buddy, the best snuggler/Spongebob buddy watcher in the world, and I just melt when he tells me he loves me. He is so sweet (when he wants to be) and I love him. I can't imagine life without him.

4 comments:

Candace Davidsavor said...

Oh wow! You definitely have to be on your toes with him. But what a sweet picture of him sleeping. :) You have such a cute family.

Amanda said...

Wow is right! But what a cutie he is! I love that he put Pam on the tires of the trailer. My dogs would love the treats he gives, too! :)

Shyla said...

I'm glad you've decided to let him reach 4. Now once you're looking at 5 I could see selling him to the gypsies. At least that's the threat my parents always used on me.

Kellie said...

Oh Evan. You are lucky to be alive. He is such a cute kid. We had so much fun today at the petting zoo. I will post pics on my blog when I get to it. Hope you are having fun in Jackson.